Error with dynamically changing block parameter

From: Solomon Tan
Subject: Error with dynamically changing block parameter
Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 00:03:48 +0800

Hi all,

I am trying to make my OOT block respond to changes in its parameter the
same way the Add Const block behaves. I want my block to update its
value as and when the user slides the qtgui range. I notice this is not
done by default. I added the same `add_rpc_variable` function defined in
`gr-blocks/lib/add_const_ff_impl.cc`. I replaced the appropriate
variable/function names with my own. However, I get the following error.

```
 error: no matching function for call to
‘rpcbasic_register_set<gr::my_OOT::reactionFunction_impl,
float>::rpcbasic_register_set(std::string, const char [9], void
(gr::my_OOT::reactionFunction_impl::*)(int), pmt::pmt_t, pmt::pmt_t,
pmt::pmt_t, const char [1], const char [16], priv_lvl_t, const uint32_t&)’
  225 |
DISPNULL)));
```

I imported the same header files that `add_const_ff_impl.h` and
`add_const.h` import. What does the error mean. What have I done
incorrectly? I couldnt find a thread describing the same problem in the
archives.

Does someone have an easier way to do what I wanna do?

Thanks.
Cheers,
Sol