Re: Problem writing OOT yml file for variable number of inputs

From: Jeff Long
Subject: Re: Problem writing OOT yml file for variable number of inputs
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2021 08:56:22 -0500

Glad it worked.

On Tue, Feb 9, 2021 at 8:28 AM George Edwards <gedwards.eng@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Jeff,

Thanks again! The link you sent had the solution. The thing is, I have looked at the link time and time again even before you sent it to me and the problem lies in reading between the lines because the documentation is not very clear. It would be nice if there were examples given inside the link. I knew from experience that doing multiplicity: '4'  works, if I desired 4 inputs for example, but this was static and I wanted it to be flexible, so one could set that value inside the GRC block. From the documentation: multiplicity: ${ .... }, I thought ${...} was just a placeholder for me to replace it with the number I wanted ('4' in example above). Now, I understand how to use ${ .... } to pass in parameter values.  I used multiplicity: ${n_inputs} and it worked beautifully!

Thanks again for the help!

Regards,
George