Re: Problem writing OOT yml file for variable number of inputs

From: Jeff Long
Subject: Re: Problem writing OOT yml file for variable number of inputs
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2021 20:17:24 -0500

See https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/YAML_GRC.

Also, take a look at yml files for existing blocks that have a variable number of inputs. For example, the Add block.

On Mon, Feb 8, 2021 at 8:09 PM George Edwards <gedwards.eng@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

I have a problem writing the yml file for a variable number of inputs to my GRC block. In the OOT Python file, a parameter called n_input is passed into the GRC block and I was hoping it would be accessible in the yml file. In the yml file I wrote:
parameters:
- id: n_inputs
  label: Number of Inputs
  dtype: int
  default: 3

inputs:
- domain: stream
  dtype: complex
  multiplicity: n_inputs

The program fails with message: invalid literal for int() with base 10. Then, I tried multiplicity with: int(n_inputs) and 'n_input' which all failed. How can I fix this, because if I were to specify a static value for example: multiplicity: '5', it works and provides a block with 5 inputs.

I will appreciate any help offered!

Thank you!

George