Re: gr-tempest: an implementation of TempestSDR for GNU Radio

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: gr-tempest: an implementation of TempestSDR for GNU Radio
Date: Fri, 8 May 2020 18:11:02 +0200

Hi Federico,

this is pretty awesome! Thanks for sharing it.

You can actually install both, if you use separate installation prefixes
for the two and make sure that the PYTHONPATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH and
GRC_BLOCKS_PATH environment only include one of these.

Easier, and less error-prone, definitely, is just using a Linux
container. (You could run debian buster in a podman- or docker-run
container, for example. Debian buster comes with 3.8.1.0 out of the box.).
For non-graphical stuff, that's relatively easy, for graphical (like
yours), there's more fiddling involved until your containers can access
your X server (don't know about Wayland, honestly).

Best regards,
Marcus