gr-tempest: an implementation of TempestSDR for GNU Radio

From: Federico 'Larroca' La Rocca
Subject: gr-tempest: an implementation of TempestSDR for GNU Radio
Date: Thu, 7 May 2020 18:50:45 -0300

Hi everyone,

The last weeks I've been working on a little project I've had in mind for a long time now: an implementation of Martin Marinov's excellent TempestSDR [1] in GNU Radio. Although it's still work in progress, the code is available at https://github.com/git-artes/gr-tempest and I've tested it on several recordings I've kept from when we were testing TempestSDR (which I share on the project's webpage).

My idea with this re-implementation was to add another cool demo into GNU Radio, plus making it easier to extend and maintain by piggybacking on GNU Radio's development and using the companion (for instance, I've included a channel simulation example). I've made some demos and a video that show them in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTCu8HTaN3Y.

I have not yet tested it with hardware as the university is closed now, so if anyone can test it I'd be more than glad! Any kind of feedback is as usual welcome.

Please note that it is currently built around GNU Radio 3.7 as I'm currently in need of this version of GNU Radio for my classes. Is there a safe way to install both 3.7 and 3.8?

best
Federico

[1] https://github.com/martinmarinov/TempestSDR