Hackfest at ESA ESTEC (Noordwejk, NL)

From: CEL
Subject: Hackfest at ESA ESTEC (Noordwejk, NL)
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2020 10:56:03 +0000

Hello folks,

the hackfest at ESA, kindly organized by Andrej Rode, is well underway
and we're seeing very interesting progress so far:

* a workgroup (packaging) is looking into getting the OOT ecosystem
into shape: Infrastructure to build binary packages (.deb for now) to
go with our GNU Radio release and nightly PPAs
* We've met Micky, the space cat[1]
* A second workgroup's focus is laying the foundations for a new GNU
Radio runtime environment. This is the continuation of work done at
previous conferences – we're finally getting around to writing C++. For
now, it's a very MVP / PoC oriented work, not overly concerned with
keeping backwards compatibility – instead, focused on translating the
requirements gathered up to now into implementable goals that we can
start working on and get some coordinatable effort going. More on that
*very* soon.

Cheers,
Marcus

[1] https://imgur.com/a/qZuKtHZ