FT8 with GNU radio and the PlutoSDR on the 2 meters band

From: Adrian Musceac
Subject: FT8 with GNU radio and the PlutoSDR on the 2 meters band
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2020 16:40:16 +0000

Hi,

I wrote a report about combining WSJTX and GNU radio with a PlutoSDR transceiver to achieve FT8 contacts on the 144 MHz amateur radio band. The short summary is that I achieved contacts at over 800 km and heard stations as far as 1000 km last month in excellent tropo propagation conditions with 20 Watts of output power.
I thought you might be interested in reading this, but it's too long to paste here.

The report can be read here:
http://qradiolink.org/ft8-plutosdr-2meters.html

Adrian YO8RZZ