Re: Windows Installers 3.8.0.0 BETA Available

From: Geof Nieboer
Subject: Re: Windows Installers 3.8.0.0 BETA Available
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2020 13:28:38 -0500

OK thanks for the report.

We need a bit more information.  When you saw the executables "don't run", can you give us some more detail?  When you run the GNURadio Command Prompt from the Start Menu, what kind of error does it give?

If all you see are windows opening and closing, then go the "Program Files/GNURadio-3.8/bin" directory and open a command prompt.  Then type "run_gr.bat" and let us know what that outputs (it should just open another window).
Then try "CALL run_gr.bat gnuradio-companion.py" and see what you get (it should open GRC)

In most cases, the next steps would be to open python and start importing modules to start narrowing down what's failing, which would be the same as on linux.  Hopefully you'll be able to get some more detailed error information in the console windows since they won't try to close on you.

Geof