TCP/QT FREQ SINK Problems

From: Antoine Nguyen
Subject: TCP/QT FREQ SINK Problems
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2019 07:39:04 -0500

Hello,

I am relatively new to gnu radio and came into a problem recently where the output of the tcp sink is not the same as what is shown on the gui frequency sink. Im currently streaming data through the tcp sink over ethernet to a windows machine and can see the output by plotting with matplotlib. However, as seen in the picture(tcp.sink.png), the windows side has a power level that is at -60dB instead of the around -120dB which is outputted from gnu radio itself(gnuFreqSink.png). I have tried to troubleshoot this by placing file sinks at each gnu radio block to see what it was outputting and plotting but they always seem to have data which plots to -60dB (fileSink.png). Is there a setting I am missing or a step that I have not included that is causing this issue?

Thank you for your help.

tcp.sink.PNG
filesink.PNG
gnuFreqSink.png