Re: Contribute to GNU radio

From: CEL
Subject: Re: Contribute to GNU radio
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2019 21:11:47 +0000

Hi César!

It's awesome that you want to help!
If you've used GNU Radio before, then: YOU DEFINITELY HAVE THE SKILLS!

Generally, we always need people to

1. Write documentation,
2. Test our current development version,
3. Report and reproduce bugs,
4. Review pull requests,
5. Fix bugs and
6. implement new features.

So, pick any one of these six problems!

We have a tag "good first issue" on the GNU Radio bug tracker[1]. Try
these; I hope these are actually good first issues in that they are
easy enough for a beginner to both pick up how to work with the project
as community as much as as code base whilst still teaching you a bit
about everyday problems of GNU Radio.

I especially like #1971 [2], where we're still missing a few
illustrating flow graphs in gr-qtgui/examples for every single Qt GUI
visualization, and a screenshot in the Block Documentation of the Qt
Blocks [3]. That would actually combine 1., 2., probably 3. and
potentially 5., and maybe even 6. in one task!

You might want to install the current "master" branch of GNU Radio. If
you're on Ubuntu, that's pretty easy (thanks to Josh's new Ubuntu PPA),
if not, you'll need to build from source.

Best regards,
Marcus

[1]
https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22good+first+issue%22