Re: Gnuradio for Raspberry PI 4 and SDRPLay works well, but need documen

From: Glen I Langston
Subject: Re: Gnuradio for Raspberry PI 4 and SDRPLay works well, but need documentation
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2019 13:21:50 -0500

Hi Marcus,

Two good things about the SDRplay, now that the gnuradio interface seems
to be working, are:

1) Very high gain.   I need about 30 dB of IF attenuation to get the levels
right.
2) Very good data transfer rates.   Right now I appear to be getting 100% of
the 7 MHz samples
delivered to a raspberry Pi 4 and/or Odroid n2.

I’ve not yet fully checked the SDRPlay for short term transients.

Note that the Pluto SDR has no (or at least few) short term transients in the
RF.
I did find the AIRSPY did have some transients that seem to be due to the
device.
These occur a few thousand times a day, but for shorter than 100 micro seconds.
Total time on is less than a second a day.

I’ll try to do another calibration test.  My initial test seemed to show
significant gain changes
across the 7MHz band, as if I have the wrong filter selected.   At one end the
Tsys was too
low and at the other end the Tsys was too high, with a reasonable value of
about 100 K
in the middle of the 1420 MHz band.

Still trying to figure this out.

Best regards