Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] PyGTKDeprecationWarning

From: Barry Duggan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] PyGTKDeprecationWarning
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2019 14:20:02 -0400

Hi Michael,

I'm not familiar enough with that area to work on it, so I submitted issue "PyGTKDeprecationWarning #2813"

---
Barry Duggan

On 2019-09-24 10:09, Michael Dickens wrote:
Hi Barry - Short answer: probably yes, should be fixed. Longer answer: The
likelihood and difficulty of fixing deprecated API depends mostly on
whether we can cleanly switch to the new API, or if we have to add in some
"if" version checking logic to use the old API or new API. If we can
cleanly do so, then YES PLEASE let's do it! If the solution isn't clean
then it's worth opening a GR issue noting what's going on & why it's not a clean change & then we can get back to it in the future ... once maybe it will be a clean change. If you have the bandwidth right now to figure out what's going on, that would be great! Otherwise, I'd advise you to open a GR issue and provide what info you can there. Hope this is useful! - MLD