Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] XFDMSync and gr-gfdm

From: Johannes Demel
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] XFDMSync and gr-gfdm
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2019 09:10:11 +0000

Hi Satish,

I didn't receive your mail through the mailing list. I wonder if anyone
else did? Anyways, I just post my answer to the mailing list so others
may benefit as well.

First off, there is a `convert38` branch in both repos that enables you
to use `gr-gfdm` and `XFDMSync` with GNU Radio 3.8. These branches got
some additional bugfixes and some clean-up. I'd just recommend to use
these branches now.

I just pushed a new commit to the repo with an updated flowgraph. Of
course everything is on `convert38` and thus you need to use it with GNU
Radio 3.8.

It is always useful to have some form of CRC check. Usually you'd use
some FEC as well. Though, this is left out in the example flowgraph.

Cheers
Johannes