Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] I can't get my gsl to link

From: Alan Corey
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] I can't get my gsl to link
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2019 12:34:23 -0400

Oh no, it's worse, it's Gnuradio 3.9, I think
<<< Welcome to GNU Radio Companion 3.9.0.0-git >>>
and 3.9 is in filenames like libgnuradio-runtime.so.3.9.0.0-git
And cmake 3.15.2

Maybe I'm playing with bleeding edge stuff, I just followed the
directions (somewhere) that said to do a git clone: git clone
--recursive https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio.git

The cmake I've had a month, used it on Firefox.

I was trying to use
https://github.com/velichkov/gr-osmosdr/tree/maint-3.8, now I'm trying
https://github.com/igorauad/gr-osmosdr/tree/gr3.8

Initial cmake output without tinkering:

-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Detecting CXX compile features
-- Detecting CXX compile features - done
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Detecting C compile features
-- Detecting C compile features - done
-- Build type not specified: defaulting to release.
-- Found Git: /usr/bin/git (found version "2.11.0")
-- Extracting version information from git describe...
-- Configuring Boost C++ Libraries...
-- Looking for pthread.h
-- Looking for pthread.h - found
-- Performing Test CMAKE_HAVE_LIBC_PTHREAD
-- Performing Test CMAKE_HAVE_LIBC_PTHREAD - Failed
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthreads
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthreads - not found
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthread
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthread - found
-- Found Threads: TRUE
-- Found Boost: /usr/include (found version "1.62.0") found
components:  thread system chrono date_time atomic
-- Found LOG4CPP: /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/liblog4cpp.so
-- Found PkgConfig: /usr/bin/pkg-config (found version "0.29")
-- Checking for module 'gmp'
--   No package 'gmp' found
-- Found GMP: /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libgmpxx.so
-- Checking for module 'mpir >= 3.0'
--   No package 'mpir' found
-- Could NOT find MPIR (missing: MPIRXX_LIBRARY MPIR_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Found MPLIB: /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libgmpxx.so
-- Found Boost: /usr/include (found suitable version "1.62.0", minimum
required is "1.62.0") found components:  date_time program_options
filesystem system regex thread unit_test_framework chrono atomic
-- Found VOLK: Volk::volk
CMake Warning (dev) at
/usr/local/lib/cmake/gnuradio/GnuradioConfig.cmake:38 (if):
  if given arguments:

    "ON"

  An argument named "ON" appears in a conditional statement.  Policy CMP0012
  is not set: if() recognizes numbers and boolean constants.  Run "cmake
  --help-policy CMP0012" for policy details.  Use the cmake_policy command to
  set the policy and suppress this warning.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:154 (find_package)
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

CMake Warning (dev) in /usr/local/lib/cmake/gnuradio/GnuradioConfig.cmake:
  Policy CMP0011 is not set: Included scripts do automatic cmake_policy PUSH
  and POP.  Run "cmake --help-policy CMP0011" for policy details.  Use the
  cmake_policy command to set the policy and suppress this warning.

  The included script

    /usr/local/lib/cmake/gnuradio/GnuradioConfig.cmake

  affects policy settings.  CMake is implying the NO_POLICY_SCOPE option for
  compatibility, so the effects are applied to the including context.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:154 (find_package)
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

-- Checking for module 'gnuradio-iqbalance'
--   No package 'gnuradio-iqbalance' found
-- Could NOT find GNURADIO_IQBALANCE (missing:
GNURADIO_IQBALANCE_LIBRARIES GNURADIO_IQBALANCE_INCLUDE_DIRS)
-- Checking for module 'uhd'
--   No package 'uhd' found
-- Checking for module 'gnuradio-uhd'
--   No package 'gnuradio-uhd' found
-- gnuradio-uhd not found.
-- Could NOT find GNURADIO_UHD (missing: GNURADIO_UHD_LIBRARIES
GNURADIO_UHD_INCLUDE_DIRS)
-- Checking for module 'gnuradio-fcd'
--   No package 'gnuradio-fcd' found
-- gnuradio-fcd not found.
-- Could NOT find GNURADIO_FCD (missing: GNURADIO_FCD_LIBRARIES
GNURADIO_FCD_INCLUDE_DIRS)
-- Checking for module 'gnuradio-fcdproplus'
--   No package 'gnuradio-fcdproplus' found
-- gnuradio-fcdproplus not found.
-- Could NOT find GNURADIO_FCDPP (missing: GNURADIO_FCDPP_LIBRARIES
GNURADIO_FCDPP_INCLUDE_DIRS)
-- Checking for module 'libosmosdr'
--   No package 'libosmosdr' found
-- libosmosdr not found.
-- Checking for module 'librtlsdr'
--   Found librtlsdr, version 0.6.0-5-g8183
-- Found librtlsdr: /usr/local/include, /usr/local/lib/librtlsdr.so
-- Checking for module 'libmirisdr'
--   No package 'libmirisdr' found
-- libmirisdr not found.
-- Checking for module 'libhackrf'
--   No package 'libhackrf' found
-- Could NOT find LIBHACKRF (missing: LIBHACKRF_LIBRARIES
LIBHACKRF_INCLUDE_DIRS)
-- Checking for module 'libairspy'
--   No package 'libairspy' found
-- Could NOT find LIBAIRSPY (missing: LIBAIRSPY_LIBRARIES
LIBAIRSPY_INCLUDE_DIRS)
-- Checking for module 'libbladeRF'
--   No package 'libbladeRF' found
-- libbladeRF not found.
-- Could NOT find SoapySDR (missing: SoapySDR_DIR)
-- Checking for module 'libfreesrp'
--   No package 'libfreesrp' found
-- libfreesrp not found.
-- Found Doxygen: /usr/bin/doxygen (found version "1.8.13") found
components:  doxygen missing components:  dot
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:179 (message):
  GnuRadio Runtime required to build gr-osmosdr

See also
"/usr/src/misc/osmocom2019/two/gr-osmosdr/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also
"/usr/src/misc/osmocom2019/two/gr-osmosdr/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".
------------------------------
That error message comes from

if(NOT GNURADIO_RUNTIME_FOUND)
    message(FATAL_ERROR "GnuRadio Runtime required to build " ${CMAKE_PROJECT_NA
endif()

And this is interesting:

grep -r GNURADIO_RUNTIME_FOUND .
./CMakeLists.txt:if(NOT GNURADIO_RUNTIME_FOUND)

It's not defined anywhere that I can find.  I tried to define it,
didn't try commentng out the test.

-------------------------------------

Gold and Ninja, I think, have less memory usage than ld and make.
Firefox is 1.6 GB of source.  I only have 4 GB of RAM (you can't add
more on these ARM machines, it's designed into the SOC) and about 15
GB of swap.  I was compiling for days.  But in the end I had to change
my CPU cores to performance mode which somehow got rid of a scheduling
problem that led to a fatal error.

On 9/7/19, Vasil Velichkov <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Alan,
>
> On 07/09/2019 07.21, Alan Corey wrote:
>> How to specify the Gnuradio runtime location in the gr-osmosdr cmake
>> cache I mean.  There's no NOTFOUND or anything, I don't see anything
>> about it except the error that it isn't found.  Which comes from the
>> CMakeLists.txt file:
>>
>> if(NOT GNURADIO_RUNTIME_FOUND)
>>     message(FATAL_ERROR "GnuRadio Runtime required to build "
>> ${CMAKE_PROJECT_NA
>> endif()
>
> You are using gnuradio 3.8 and support for it is still not added in the
> official gr-osmosdr repository. You need to either build from my forks or
> from the other forks listed in my message -
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2019-09/msg00036.html
>
> See also:
>
> https://osmocom.org/issues/3855
> https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio/issues/2745
>
>> On 9/7/19, Alan Corey <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> My initial problem with linking to gsl was because I had symlinked ld
>>> -> gold a month or so ago and forgotten about it.  This is the first
>>> time I've had a problem with it.  The makefile must feed something on
>>> the command line that ld accepts but gold doesn't.  Gold also works
>>> differently with --verbose, it has a slightly different meaning so the
>>> test for SEARCH_DIR bombed.  --verbose in gold expects an argument and
>>> I wasn't providing one.  Anyway ls is searching:
>>> SEARCH_DIR("=/usr/local/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu")
>>> SEARCH_DIR("=/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu")
>>> SEARCH_DIR("=/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu")
>>> SEARCH_DIR("=/usr/local/lib")
>>> SEARCH_DIR("=/lib")
>>> SEARCH_DIR("=/usr/lib")

--
No, I won't  call it "climate change", do you have a "reality problem"? - AB1JX