Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] I can't get my gsl to link

From: Vasil Velichkov
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] I can't get my gsl to link
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2019 16:03:27 +0300

Hi Alan,

On 07/09/2019 07.21, Alan Corey wrote:
> How to specify the Gnuradio runtime location in the gr-osmosdr cmake
> cache I mean.  There's no NOTFOUND or anything, I don't see anything
> about it except the error that it isn't found.  Which comes from the
> CMakeLists.txt file:
>
> if(NOT GNURADIO_RUNTIME_FOUND)
>     message(FATAL_ERROR "GnuRadio Runtime required to build "
> ${CMAKE_PROJECT_NA
> endif()

You are using gnuradio 3.8 and support for it is still not added in the
official gr-osmosdr repository. You need to either build from my forks or from
the other forks listed in my message -
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2019-09/msg00036.html

See also:

https://osmocom.org/issues/3855
https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio/issues/2745

> On 9/7/19, Alan Corey <address@hidden> wrote:
>> My initial problem with linking to gsl was because I had symlinked ld
>> -> gold a month or so ago and forgotten about it.  This is the first
>> time I've had a problem with it.  The makefile must feed something on
>> the command line that ld accepts but gold doesn't.  Gold also works
>> differently with --verbose, it has a slightly different meaning so the
>> test for SEARCH_DIR bombed.  --verbose in gold expects an argument and
>> I wasn't providing one.  Anyway ls is searching:
>> SEARCH_DIR("=/usr/local/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu")
>> SEARCH_DIR("=/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu")
>> SEARCH_DIR("=/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu")
>> SEARCH_DIR("=/usr/local/lib")
>> SEARCH_DIR("=/lib")
>> SEARCH_DIR("=/usr/lib")
>> SEARCH_DIR("=/usr/aarch64-linux-gnu/lib")
>> which is fine.

It's good that you have been able to resolve the problem by using the old
ld.bfd linker. I don't have any experience with the new ld.gold linker and
don't know how to get its search directories.

Cheers,
Vasil