Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Can't create Out of Tree Tagged Stream Blocks?

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Can't create Out of Tree Tagged Stream Blocks?
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 13:52:04 -0400

Hi DL - 2 primary thoughts:

1) To "create" a tagged stream block in your OOT using gr_modtool (if it doesn't do that as you desire), find an already existing tagged_stream block that you understand the programming of. Use gr_modtool to create a new "sync" block, then copy/paste from the existing tagged_stream block into your new one: 3 files: include/OOT/NAME.h ; lib/NAME_impl.h ; lib/NAME_impl.cc . The CMakeLists.txt will already be setup for compiling, assuming you don't need any special definitions or linkage or whatever. Then, edit those files to do what you want.

2) 1 million data points is a lot of points to do using a data stream! And even more if you used a tagged stream for all 1e6 samples! Do you need them all at the same time, or are the offsets small enough that you just need a small number of data samples stored before you can alight them? Alternative implementations might include using PDUs ... but much depends on what exactly you're trying to accomplish beyond what you wrote (what the actual algorithm is you're trying to implement).

Hope this is useful! - MLD