Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] pybombs gnuradio install and sudo

From: CEL
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] pybombs gnuradio install and sudo
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 15:54:34 +0000

Your sudo call resets the environment, and that includes things like
PYTHONPATH, PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

You need to add the right options to sudo.

I'll carefully point out that the code in tuntap_pdu isn't really safe
by any means. You generally should probably avoid running GNU Radio as
root.

The easiest whilst-still-safe way forward:

just run `sudo ip tuntap add grtunnel mode tun user  sumit` (assuming
sumit is your unprivileged user) and then, run your program as normal
user.

Sadly, haven't tested that.

Best regards,
Marcus