Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USB Audio Adapter as audio source

From: Barry Duggan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USB Audio Adapter as audio source
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2019 14:52:58 -0400

Hi,

I ran "arecord -L" per Marcus and tried 'hw:0,0' but it didn't work. Then I tried 'pavucontrol' per Kyeong; I don't think I changed anything, but when I tried 'hw:0,0' again, it works! However, in the shuffle, the output sound which had been going to the HDMI port now goes to the USB dongle. I can always listen with headphones ;)

Also I attemped to set a symbolic link to have a permanent address. I stored: SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0d8c", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0014", SYMLINK:="C-Media-audio" in /etc/udev/rules.d/99-usb-serial.rules but it didn't seem to have any effect. The system always assigns a link of "Device" to the dongle, but I haven't been able to use that in the 'device' field of the Audio Source.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
---
Barry Duggan