[Discuss-gnuradio] fractional resampler weird behavior?

From: Achilleas Anastasopoulos
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] fractional resampler weird behavior?
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2019 14:40:11 -0400

Hi all,

I have a 1KHz complex exponential sampled at 10Ksps going through a fractional resampler with resampling ratio = 10
I display the output on a frequency sink (with sampling rate set to 100Ksps).
I expect to see a 1 KHz tone.
Instead I see only a DC component (see attached grc file)

When I repeat the experiment with the RATIONAL resampler with interpolation 10 and decimation 1 I get the expected result.

Can someone verify this behavior and if yes, am I missing something or is this a bug?
(gnuradio 3.7.13.5)

thanks
Achilleas