discuss-gnu-electric

How to merge pure layer nodes

From: Diego Menezes
Subject: How to merge pure layer nodes
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2012 14:06:27 -0300

Dear all,

I would like to merge some metal-2 pure-layer-nodes that are touching each other.

Let me please explain the context. I have used the Asitic tool for design an inductor, I have saved the inductor as a CIF file and then imported to Electric. I am attaching the InductorL2v01.jelib library which contains the imported CIF inductor design.

When I run the built-in DRC, I get 90 errors like the one below:

Layout DRC (full) error 1 of 90: Spacing (layer 'Metal-2'): node Metal-2-Node['address@hidden'] TOUCHES node Metal-2-Node['address@hidden'] [rule '9.2 Mosis, SUBM']

I would like to merge all metal-2 pure-layer-nodes to have actually just one metal-2 pure-layer-node. It would probably solve my DRC errors.

Actually I have three metal layers stacked together: metal-2, metal-3 and metal-4 . These metal layers will be electrically parallel connected to form just one inductor.  So what we done for the metal-2 layer should be replicate to the others metal layers.

If you have in mind another way to solve my DRC errors instead of merging the metal layers, please tell me.