discuss-gnu-electric

Re: Cells in new processes

From: Thomas A.D. Riley
Subject: Re: Cells in new processes
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 14:43:04 -0500

On Thu, 2003-02-06 at 15:06, Steven Rubin wrote:

For the 470 cells, If I had GDSII layouts would it be a batch operation to get minimal electric cells for manual placing and automatic routing?

Electric has a built-in facility for this (you could run it yourself).  It takes a GDS file and a LEF file.  The GDS has layers and the LEF has export locations.  Then Electric merges the two to produce a library.  I can do this or you can do it yourself.  So it is relatively automated, but you have to get the GDS layers right, find the right libraries, etc.

   -Steve

I haven't been able to find out how to do this in the manual. It seems easy to import an LEF or a GDSII library but merging them into one library doesn't seem possible right now. What am I missing?

Tom Riley
Kaben Research Inc.
tel:    (613) 826 6649 xtn. 112
fax:    (613) 826 6650