directvnc-user

[Directvnc-user] Compiling directvnc-0.7.5 on PPC

From: snickl
Subject: [Directvnc-user] Compiling directvnc-0.7.5 on PPC
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 17:18:43 +0200 (CEST)

The automake process has changed from 0.7 to 0.7.5, so the Makefile in src/
no longer compiles the sources with "-O3 -g" after plain ./configure.

On my gentoo-stable target with native gcc-3.2.2-r2, this causes strange
display behaviour, all content seems to be crammed into the upper
left corner.

When manually changing the Makefile (CFLAGS) to include either -O, -O2 or -O3,
everything's fine again (provided the endianess fixes I described in my last
mail are also applied).

CU, SN

--
The UNIX equivalent of the "Blue Screen of Death" would be called
"kernel panic". It obviously exists, since I have heard and read about it,