directvnc-user

[Directvnc-user] Endianess in 0.7.5

From: Stefan Nickl
Subject: [Directvnc-user] Endianess in 0.7.5
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 11:52:56 +0200 (CEST)

I've tested directvnc-0.7.5 on an embedded PPC Gentoo-Linux
with DirectFB 0.9.18.

0.7.5 didn't connect to my server (what 0.7 did).

Fix:
- add #define WORDS_BIGENDIAN to config.h (I did it manually)
- include config.h in rfb.c

0.7.5 and 0.7 had their primary colors mixed up

Workaround for bigendian systems:
- opt.client.bigendian = 1 in args.c

I also have the problem that I don't get any keyboard input
into directvnc, but this seems to be more of a DirectFB problem.
It's even worse, the keyboard is completely dead after running
and quitting ANY directfb app.
Even the Magic SysKey-Request is gone afterwards.

What's funny is that keyboard works with DirectFB in SDL mode,
but the display gets screwed up with directvnc ...

Any ideas?

CU, SN

--
The UNIX equivalent of the "Blue Screen of Death" would be called
"kernel panic". It obviously exists, since I have heard and read about it,