[Dfey-nw-discuss] Dogfish

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: [Dfey-nw-discuss] Dogfish
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 14:05:42 +0100

So following discussions it has been agreed to get a VPS.

I've volunteered to semi-administrate it's existence.

We have ordered the lowest spec of VPS from bitfolk.com

Robert L & I have root access due to our ssh keys being installed on the root account.

I've changed the root password to something very long and put it in a safe place.

I think the idea is that everyone will be able to have an account on it though the actual list of people who will have sudo rights is currently a bit unclear.

Anyway, the machine has been named dogfish and it will be found at dogfish.dfey.org

When it's clear who will have sudo/root access, they will be contactable on address@hidden

I suggest that we strongly encourage use of ssh public key authentication to log into the machine due to the number of compromises that occur due to weak passwords.

Tim