Re: Remove whistle/buzzing

From: Rafael Batista de Lima
Subject: Re: Remove whistle/buzzing
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 18:16:13 -0300

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your thoroughly and quick response, the Appending/Editing Pitches solved the second issue!

Is there a way to remove the alert sound (whistle) when the notes go over the bar? I'm not worried about the note writing itself, as I'm just using it for playback.

Thanks once again,

Rafael

Livre de vírus. www.avg.com.

On Tue, Apr 12, 2022 at 4:54 AM Richard Shann <richard@rshann.plus.com> wrote:
On Tue, 2022-04-12 at 01:31 -0300, Rafael Batista de Lima wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just found out this neat program and it was the shortest MIDI
> latency I managed to get out of the box.
That's surprizing, the latency will increase a lot if you are adding
notes to a score at the same time.
>  I wish to use it just to play and listen back the MIDI in real time,
> but I didn't find where to turn off the whistle/buzzing as I play a
> sequence of notes.
In the View->Midi In Controls panel (Esc, m if you have the up to date
version) there is a button to switch between Appending/Editing Pitches
and Listening to Pitches. You can also switch by putting on the Caps
Lock or holding the shift key.

>  Is this possible?
>
> Also, there's something I press accidentally that instead of
> inputting the notes in a sequence, they all cluster at the same
> position. What could it be?

The Alt key or the MIDI controller foot pedal, but none of that matters
if you are just putting the MIDI straight thru.

Richard