Re: Remove whistle/buzzing

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Remove whistle/buzzing
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 08:53:57 +0100

On Tue, 2022-04-12 at 01:31 -0300, Rafael Batista de Lima wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just found out this neat program and it was the shortest MIDI
> latency I managed to get out of the box.
That's surprizing, the latency will increase a lot if you are adding
notes to a score at the same time.
>  I wish to use it just to play and listen back the MIDI in real time,
> but I didn't find where to turn off the whistle/buzzing as I play a
> sequence of notes.
In the View->Midi In Controls panel (Esc, m if you have the up to date
version) there is a button to switch between Appending/Editing Pitches
and Listening to Pitches. You can also switch by putting on the Caps
Lock or holding the shift key.

>  Is this possible?
>
> Also, there's something I press accidentally that instead of
> inputting the notes in a sequence, they all cluster at the same
> position. What could it be?

The Alt key or the MIDI controller foot pedal, but none of that matters
if you are just putting the MIDI straight thru.

Richard