Re: [bug #59487] Virus detected in downloaded installer?

From: Joe Wilkinson
Subject: Re: [bug #59487] Virus detected in downloaded installer?
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 22:35:07 +0000

Richard will doubtless reply to this with his regular comment that he does not know what particular feature of the download causes some virus checkers to get antsy. In the meantime, I have just downloaded the version published as a (windows) zip file from the downloads page, unzipped it using 7zip to a folder on my desktop and have been using it for an hour without mishap. I never install Denemo - I prefer to keep up with the latest zip file. Deinstallation is also easier - just delete the zip file (and, occasionally, old folders in my user folder).
Joe Wilkinson -  Denemo user for 6 years.