Re: How to scroll with an unmeasured piece?

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: How to scroll with an unmeasured piece?
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2020 16:27:20 +0000

On Mon, 2020-11-09 at 09:57 -0400, Robert Lewis wrote:
> Hello -
>
> OS:  Debian Stretch (64-bit)
> Denemo v. 2.4.0
>
> Thank you for all your work on Denemo -- I couldn't do without it.
>
> I'm trying to write out an unmeasured piece for a solo instrument,
> but the
> staff does not continue to scroll once I enter notes beyond the width
> of the
> window.

What you have not realized is that the Denemo "measures" are not really
measures, but just convenient chunks that let Denemo display the music.
Actual measure barlines are created automatically by the LilyPond
typesetter - this is discussed in the manual (Fn1). To understand this,
create a new score in 4/4 and put 5 quarter notes in the first bar and
three in the second and look at the PDF.
The command you want is

Command: Unmeasured Staffs (Off/On)
Makes the staffs accept any duration per Denemo measure and typesets as
a cadenza. Equivalent to Cadenza Time from the first bar.
Location: Object Menu ▶ Time Signatures
Internal Name: Unmeasured

(you could find this by typing "Unmeasured" into the Command Center
search box).

using that you put your notes in convenient amounts in each "chunk".

Richard