Denemo freezes my Plasma 5.8 desktop manager.

From: Dirk Mittler
Subject: Denemo freezes my Plasma 5.8 desktop manager.
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2020 06:51:05 -0500

Hello.

I have just started experimenting with Denemo, and have custom-compiled version 2.4. My desktop manager is Plasma 5.8 .

The initial problem that I'm experiencing is, that after I've imported a somewhat complicated MIDI file, the Lilypond window shows that it could not typeset the score. After that, the music will only play, with certain tracks out-of-sync.

It does not cause much concern by itself, if the document gets corrupted like that, and if to restart the application just resets the problem. But in fact, what really makes this software dangerous for me is that, once the Denemo session is corrupted, my desktop manager forever runs the 'plasmashell' process, and no more programs, applications, or whatever can be run from within the graphical session.

In this situation, I need to open a terminal session, and run 'reboot' as root, to get back use of my computer.

Hoping to make the program more stable, I've tried recompiling it with:

./configure --enable-gtk3

However, while doing that causes prettier windows, it still does not make the session stable, nor friendly with Plasma 5.8 .

What compiling options would you recommend, to increase stability?

Dirk

--
If you like, you can visit my mini photo gallery at:

http://dirkmittler.homeip.net/minishowcase/

You can also visit my CGI at:

http://dirkmittler.homeip.net/GallIndex.htm
(Spelled ... lower-case el - el - Capital Eye ... ndex.htm)

My Blog can be read through this URL:
http://dirkmittler.homeip.net/blog/

This email was sent from my Intel i7 950 Quad-Core,
named 'Phosphene'.