[bug #59417] Please export MusicXML

From: anonymous
Subject: [bug #59417] Please export MusicXML
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2020 05:19:43 -0500 (EST)

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

Despite years of coding Lilypond (w/ & w/o Frescobaldi) and muscle-memory
keyboard skills in MuseScore from versions 1.2->3.5; I keep trying and wanting
to love Denemo.

Your program has SO MUCH to offer, yet one missing feature (hint: it's in the
Summary) keeps me from mastering and embracing Denemo.  Without an ability to
export MusicXML, I have no way to share and collaborate with my friends using
Sibelius and Finale.  I have no way to switch between Denemo and MuseScore.

I really want to use and master features like microphone-pitch-entry.  Lack of
musicXML is my deal-breaker.

Less urgent (but needed) improvements:
* Documentation for Denemo is sub-standard.  A more thorough guide to learning
Denemo should be written, and I would be happy to be part of that once the
Export MusicXML feature is added (and I feel "expert" enough to do a decent
job.)
* Keyboard shortcuts are poorly documented, and too easy to accidentally
re-assign.
* Tiny articulations, tremolos, and even begin/end crescendos or slurs are not
easily readable at normal screen resolution (especially for 52-yr-old diabetic
eyes!)  It would be nice to read it in the edit/note-entry screen, rather than
finding it in the PDF--especially since large scores take a very long time to
typeset even with a fairly fast CPU and good amounts of RAM.

Thanks for all you've built.  I hope these suggestions can make it even
better.  I look forward to using Denemo's next version--with an
Export-to-MusicXML feature that shames Musescore, Sibelius, AND Finale's best
efforts!

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?59417>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/