Music Sketches

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Music Sketches
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2020 18:07:13 +0100

I've been doing a music composition recently and created a motif which
I quite liked but wanted to set it aside for possible use later on.
It occurred to me that what was wanted for this was the concept of a
musical sketch - a piece of music that should be accessible for cutting
and pasting etc but should not be typeset with the composition.
So I've implemented music sketches - it's very simple really, the music
sketch is just a movement which does not appear in the typeset and is
marked in the display so you know that it will not be typeset.
The only distinctive command that I came up with was a command to cut
the selected music and create a music sketch from it.
I'm sure there are other ways composers might want to use music
sketches - if you can think of any let me know.
I've updated the user manual to describe this feature. Binaries will be
built overnight as usual.