Listening to your MIDI keyboard while composing.

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Listening to your MIDI keyboard while composing.
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2020 09:11:04 +0100

I recently tried my hand at composing, using the amateurish approach of
tinkling around on the keyboard and then writing/amending in Denemo. I
found it was annoying that if I set the CapsLock so that I was
listening to the keyboard it would change the meaning of commands -
e.g. Ctrl-s for save becomes Ctrl-S for Save As. Of course, there is
the button in the MIDI-in controls but I thought it would be better to
be able to toggle listening on/off from the PC keyboard without
affecting any other shortcuts, so I've implemented

Command: Toggle Listening/Editing
Switches between passing MIDI input directly to output or to Denemo.
Use this instead of CapsLock to avoid altering keyboard shortcuts
involving the Shift key when editing and listening.
Location: Main Menu ▶ _Input ▶ MIDI
Internal Name: ToggleMidiThru