Re: putting it all together was scheme custom keymap

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: putting it all together was scheme custom keymap
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2020 17:20:17 +0100

On Tue, 2020-09-15 at 08:55 -0400, aaron mehl wrote:
> Hi again,
> I seem to be stuck. Part of the problem with my hard coded note entry
> is that from the begininng of  our discussions I seem to have
> forgotten things.
> I made a list for myself which I hope will help see what I forgot, or
> lost.
> 1.Create hard-code-mode
>             I did this once but when I upgraded to the newest denemo
> version it disappeared.

If you mean some command(s) that you created then they are not actually
deleted, they are, as a minimum still preserved below the directory

~/.denemo-<version>/actions/menus

For example, a command called C in the PC Keyboard menu would be found
in

~/.denemo-<version>/actions/menus//MainMenu/InputMenu/Keyboard

as two files

~/.denemo-<version>/actions/menus/MainMenu/InputMenu/MyCommand.xml
~/.denemo-<version>/actions/menus/MainMenu/InputMenu/MyCommand.scm

So you could copy them to your new location below ~/denemo-<version>
and then install them into the menu by right clicking on an item in
that menu and choosing "More Commands" selecting the MyCommand.xml
file.

>  I see I take a existing script and in input keyboard I open it in
> the scheme editor. But I can't find what I need to replace in that
> script,  I looked at the thread and couldn't seem to figure it out.

you replace lines like

(d-AddKeybinding "Set0" "0")
with
(d-AddKeybinding "MyCommand" <keyname>)

easier would be to start from blank and add lines
(d-AddKeybinding "" "")

and then fill in the "" with name of command, name of keyboard key

> 2. create hard-code scripts for notes
>                   This is done
in what sense? you have the scripts in a file somewhere? or you have
saved them as New Menu Items?

> 3. Make the hard code scripts available in the hard-code-mode.

they are available whether or not you have shortcuts assigned to them,
they are in your menu system.

>                  I think I need to get each one into the menu system
> first but I am not sure.

Yes, for each note you want a script saved using "Save as New Menu
Item" with a suitable command name, suitable label, and tooltip.

>  You also mentioned adding a keybinding to enter and exit the mode.
> Do I put this in the original hard-code-mode script
yes, in your script changing the shortcuts, your "mode-switch" command.

> I am sorry I may just be going senile since I already created the
> first script and the individual ones
where are they? Unless you saved them somewhere anything in the Scheme
script window when you exit will be lost.

It will probably help you a lot if you post what you have done to the
mailing list - it will be easier to be sure what you are doing, and it
will provide a measure of backup.