Re:

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re:
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2020 17:10:51 +0100

Hi Terri,

On Thu, 2020-04-09 at 14:53 +0000, Terri Dietz wrote:
> Rhythm Patterns:  How do I create two eighth notes =One quarter note
>  with an eighth note and a 3 marked under those 2 notes?

I'm not sure if you simply want a triplet which comprises a quarter
note and an eighth note or if you are asking how to create a music
snippet (aka rhythm pattern).

The first is simple: insert a triplet start marker then the quarter
note and then the eighth note and then the triplet end marker.
Insert triplet start and end are in the Notes/Rests->Tuplets directory
and because they are so common they have by default the shortcut TAB
which alternately inserts a triplet start and a triplet end. So you can
insert any sort of triplet by pressing TAB then entering the notes and
then pressing TAB again.

If it is the music snippet you want you simply select the whole of the
triplet (including both start and end marker) and then click Create
Snippet on the snippets bar.

HTH