[bug #54821] support for guile-2.2

From: Anthony Fok
Subject: [bug #54821] support for guile-2.2
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2020 20:59:30 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #13, bug #54821 (project denemo):

Thank you very much for applying the patch!  :-)

I am happy to report that Denemo 2.2.0 builds fine with Guile 2.2:

* https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=denemo
*
https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=denemo&arch=amd64&ver=2.2.0-2&stamp=1583557607&raw=0
* https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/denemo

and seems to run fine locally too under Gnome on my Debian sid system, and I
was able to enter notes normally and can hear sound back, etc.  (though I must
admit that my local test was far from comprehensive.)

I did not upload Denemo 2.3.0 because I ran into a test failure due to
Debian's build daemons, using sbuild, setting HOME=/sbuild-nonexistent in the
build chroot.  I think I have found a workaround by setting HOME to a
temporary writable directory in override_dh_auto_test in debian/rules, but I
wanted to wait the normal 5 days Denemo to enter Debian testing first before
making further uploads to Debian.  :-)

By the way, could you please consider tagging releases?  I see that you do
have "branches" like stable-2.3.0, but would be nice to have "tags" like
"v2.3.0" or "2.3.0" too.  Otherwise, even it is just a mirror,
https://github.com/denemo/denemo/releases only show really old releases from
2013; and likewise on http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/denemo.git where the
only tags and hence .tar.gz shown for download are from 6 years ago.

Many thanks!

Cheers,
Anthony

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?54821>