Mirrored music

From: Joe Wilkinson
Subject: Mirrored music
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2019 18:46:14 +0000

Hi Richard,

I have scores with several parts including guitar and bass.

The guitar line of the one I am working on has a bass note starting every bar identical to the bass line, and other fingered notes following it, e.g.

It seemed logical to me that the guitar line could be 2 voices, the second of which was mirrored from the bass. However I always then get a bass clef for the guitar clef (presumably because it meets a bass clef last and this over-rides the normal octavo treble).

I can just simply copy the bass clef into a normal second voice getting the result as shown. But I wondered if I am missing something.

Joe