Re: Display copyright in Simple Title layout

From: Tom Quinn
Subject: Re: Display copyright in Simple Title layout
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2019 10:54:15 -0800

Hi Richard,
Thanks for looking into this (and many thanks for developing/maintaining Denemo!).  For the moment, I'm happy with the work arounds.

Tom

On Fri, Nov 29, 2019 at 3:17 AM Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, 2019-11-28 at 21:19 -0800, Tom Quinn wrote:
> I found the problem: if Page Numbering is set for printing the first
> page number centered, then the copyright field is not printed.
> Either a bug or an undocumented feature.
The story is that most of these "added extras" are created by looking
in the LilyPond literature for snippets of LilyPond syntax that do
something useful. Inevitably they will occasionally clash with other
bits of syntax used elsewhere. In this case the titling syntax that is
putting the copyright on the last line is clashing with the centered
page number syntax.
If you don't want to get involved in LilyPond syntax then workarounds
would be appropriate, e.g.:
        Use a footnote on the first page to carry the copyright notice
        Use the "Text after Movement" command on the last movement

if LilyPond syntax is not too daunting, then looking in the LilyPond
View at the output generated by the Center Page Numbers command I see
that it is putting the current page number in something called the
oddFooterMarkup (and then setting the evenFooterMarkup to be the same).

After some experimentation I could tweak the output thus:

\paper {

    print-page-number = ##t
    print-first-page-number = ##t
    oddHeaderMarkup = \markup \null
    evenHeaderMarkup = \markup \null
    oddFooterMarkup = \markup \column {
        {
              \fill-line {
                \on-the-fly \print-page-number-check-first
                \fromproperty #'page:page-number-string

                }
                \fill-line  { \fromproperty #'header:copyright }
        }
    }
    evenFooterMarkup = \oddFooterMarkup

       }

which makes a column out of the page number and your copyright notice.
I think the copyright notice then appears on every page though ... but
if you arrived at some desire syntax then it would be easy to modify
the Center Page Numbers command to emit it. Let me know if you want to
explore this.