[Denemo-devel] Shifting out of range notes up and octave (was Re: Change

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Shifting out of range notes up and octave (was Re: Change the size of Chord)
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2019 16:21:13 +0000

I'll look at the other topics later, but this one I've just been making
easier:
On Tue, 2019-03-12 at 15:49 +0000, Joe Wilkinson wrote:
> Also (and this is being optimistic) is there any way in which having
> fixed the instrument range by attaching the instrument to the staff
> you
> can get notes out of range (in this case below) automatically moved
> up
> an octave?? :-)

automatically would require a script writing. But there is a new tool,
Ctrl-F ("find") a short cut for Locate Positions which I created to
make it much easier to edit out-of-range notes and passages.

1) Put the cursor on the lowest note that you want to be left alone
2) Invoke Locate Positions and choose Notes Lower that x
3) You get a list of notes that are too low.
4) Press <Return> and then press the ' key to put the offending note up
an octave
5) Press Ctrl-F again - the list of positions is presented again
repeat 4) and 5) until there are no more locations.

This may not get a nicely playable part - often you want to transpose a
whole phrase up and octave. So instead of just hitting the ' key you
would select a suitable phrase including the note and then apply the '
key to the selection to put it all up an octave.
But again, the nice Ctrl-F shortcut allows you to continue going
through the score keeping track of where you have got to.