Re: [Denemo-devel] Change the size of Chord

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Change the size of Chord
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2019 16:36:26 +0000

On Tue, 2019-03-12 at 15:49 +0000, Joe Wilkinson wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> Our music group has a new player on Eb Sax.
> A Stave with borrowed music, which is then transposed on Print
> satisfies
> most of the issues; it is a really useful tool for this purpose. But
> she
> is such a beginner that the reinforcement of actual note names, e.g.
> C,
> Eb, F# would help.
> This is another stave with borrowed music and when made a Chord
> Symbols
> Staff I get.
> But the font size is rather large and it would be nice if there was
>
> staff switch to change it! I have had a look at lilypond
> documentation,
> but can't see how; there is a chord names context but how i would use
> it
> escapes me.

Yes, it's hard to figure out exactly what to tell LilyPond. If you
insert this:

\override ChordName.font-size = #-2

at the start of the music then the Chord Symbols come out in a smaller
size. To insert that go to Directives->Insert LilyPond and paste it in.
The cursor needs to be in the real staff, before the notes - nothing
you put in the mirrored staff will be used.

Use some other number to vary the size of course... #-0.5 etc

HTH