Re: [Denemo-devel] Custom Barlines

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Custom Barlines
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2017 08:40:00 +0100

On Fri, 2017-09-22 at 20:32 +0000, NagyMusic wrote:
> Thanks, Richard. Attached you can find the Lilypond output file. See
> measures 8 and 9. This time I used the custom THICK barline ("."), but
> the behavior is the same as before. I also wanted to mention that the
> barline gets repeated at the beginning of a new system even when
> manually entered via Lilypond command (see measures 18 and 19 using
> \bar "!"). I also attached the .denemofile just in case. From my
> experience, the reappearance of the custom barline at the beginning of
> a new system is rather unusual; when typesetting the same music
> manually in Lilypond via Frescobaldi, the barline is not repeated.

I thin you were testing different LilyPond files in Frescobaldi than in
Denemo, if you open the .ly file you attached in Frescobaldi it reports
the errors.

In the LilyPond window in Denemo your Angelus.denemo file reports this

Typesetting ...Done/tmp/Denemo_5UUV6Y/denemoprintB.ly:21:4: error:
syntax error, unexpected '!'
Bar
programming error: system with empty extent
continuing, cross fingers
fatal error: failed files: "/tmp/Denemo_5UUV6Y/denemoprintB.l...

The first problem is that Bar! is not a valid variable name in LilyPond
syntax. Is this a name that you devised yourself? If you change it to
all alphabetic characters e.g. BarNagy it should work fine.

The second error about a system with empty extent I haven't looked
into ...