Re: [Denemo-devel] Bar line numbering

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Bar line numbering
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2016 19:03:00 +0100

On Mon, 2016-08-01 at 17:59 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> On Mon, 2016-08-01 at 17:53 +0100, Joe Wilkinson wrote:
> > Hi Richard,
> >
> > Slightly irritation, but may not be possible to change.
> >
> > I was transcribing a few bars (ready to transpose them an octave and
> > sticking them over a score). It is obviously possible to change the bar
> > numbers on the Printout, but as this is a Print directive, the numbers
> > in the editor remain stubbornly 1,2,3 etc.
>
> There is a command for changing the bar numbers in the display - it is
> used by the Upbeat command, which has to set -1 to keep in step with the
> LilyPond numbering.
> A quick look in the Command Center failed to find me the name of this
> command, I'll look in the Upbeat script to find it ... later.

This is the bit in the upbeat script:

 (d-SetMeasureNumberOffset -1)

but I don't seem to have created a menu item for executing that with
whatever number of bars offset you want. So you would have to execute
that in the Scheme window, with the cursor in the bar from which you
want the numbers to be numbered differently, and -1 replaced by any
offset you wish. (I don't understand what you are doing,though ...)