Re: [Denemo-devel] Bookpart command

From: Andreas Schneider
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Bookpart command
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 20:45:44 +0200

Am 13.07.2016 um 10:38 schrieb Richard Shann:
> On Tue, 2016-07-12 at 20:52 +0200, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> [...]
>>> Yes, that is the logical way to have things. Does the attached file give
>>> the desired output though? It has three chapters the middle one being of
>>> only one movement. Just done with Book Chapter, (and Score->Simple
>>> Titles->Title for the singleton chapter).
>>
>> No, this is not my desired output because normally each movement has a
>> title. At the start of a chapter there is first the chapter title
>> (preferably in a larger font) and then the movement title.
>

> Well, but that is only a matter of adding these movement (sub)title
> fields, with the attached Denemo file I have taken the previous version
> and edited the chapter titles editing the size of the text and then
> added movement titles (using the subtitle field - I *think* your
> "Chapter Title" is using the movement title field). So does it now look
> like your intended output?

With some tweaking of font sizes, spacing, etc. (and potential use of
subsubtitle) the desired output can be created that way.

> [...]
>>> actually, there should be a cleverer way - you make a button that will
>>> create a clone of the End Chapter, then delete that End Chapter, move to
>>> the movement where you want the end to go and use the button to
>>> reinstate the End Chapter in the new position.
>>
>> That sounds like a good possibility. However, it also sounds like a lot
>> of work for which I don't have the time right now.
>
> ??? I think I may not have been clear. What I'm referring to hear is
> just something you might do in just a moment - you are about to delete
> the End Chapter and before hitting delete you hit "Make Button for
> Clone" putting the End Chapter object into a palette. Then hit delete
> move to another movement and use your palette button to re-instate the
> End Chapter on the new end movement.
> You could keep that palette button for future use too, saving one step
> in future.

I misunderstood your suggestion, thinking about some code to be added to
the Bookpart command that takes care about moving the End Chapter. Now I
understand that the idea is to move the directive manually, which is
surely the fastest solution.

Andreas