Re: [Denemo-devel] Bookpart command

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Bookpart command
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2016 09:41:12 +0100

On Sun, 2016-07-03 at 20:14 +0200, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> Thank you for creating an advanced version of the command. In most cases
> it works really well.
>
> There are a few small things I noticed:
> * If you put the end at the same movement as the beginning it does not
> work. (A chapter with only one movement may sometimes be needed.)

If I understand correctly there is no need for this, you just leave that
movement alone, giving it a title. It makes the single-movement book a
bit irregular but was easier to deal with.

> * If you give an end movement number that is larger than the number of
> movements and thus does not exist, the script does an infinite loop. In
> that case the end movement should be set to the last present movement
> and a warning be given.

I've fixed this.

> * If you give an end movement that is before the start movement, the
> lilypond code is erroneous. That should be checked and an error message
> given.  For example before line 32: (if (< end (d-GetMovement))
> (d-InfoDialog "Chapter end cannot be before chapter start!") (begin ... ))

that fix also prevents bad code generation in this case

> * The end movement cannot be changed. (This becomes important if one
> insert a movement at the end of a chapter.) If you click on EndChapter,
> you just get an information dialog. It would be more convenient be told
> the movement number where the corresponding start is and given the
> option to move the EndChapter to another movement. Workaround is to
> delete and re-insert.

Hmm, it seems you have to delete the start as well as the end and the
re-instate. At a minimum it should give the opportunity to move the end
book part on to the following movement. Bug report? And the command is
putting buttons onto the Titles etc button bar which aren't getting
removed, this is to do with the overrides set.

Richard