Re: [Denemo-devel] Verse and chorus

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Verse and chorus
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 17:42:07 +0000

On Thu, 2016-03-24 at 18:22 +0100, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> Looking into the Lilypond documentation, you can find that you can use
> the \skip command (used with a number):
> http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/techniques-specific-to-lyrics#lyrics-and-repeats

Indeed, with this you would need to write

\repeat unfold 7 \skip 1

where 7 is the number of syllables you want to skip. Unfortunately you
can't write \skip 7 because the 1 there is a (dummy) duration, not a
number of syllables.
The downside of this is that the Denemo display doesn't understand this
syntax, so it won't display properly. I've filed a bug report for this
support to be created.

Richard