Re: [Denemo-devel] Import Midi

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Import Midi
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2016 21:32:48 +0000

On Mon, 2016-02-08 at 13:24 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> There is also a midi2ly that comes with Lilypond and denemo. It has
> features like quantization and triplet support. Richard maybe someday
> we can make a frontend for this since we ship it with denemo anyway.

Our LilyPond import is not very strong, though. You would probably need
to copy and paste the LilyPond notes (using Edit->Paste LilyPond) rather
than just automatically import the .ly file. And if midi2ly generates
relative note syntax you would need to open it in Frescobaldi and click
on the button to convert it to absolute syntax first...