Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo User Manual

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo User Manual
Date: Sat, 09 May 2015 09:46:22 +0100

On Fri, 2015-05-08 at 19:18 -0400, Cantor Stuart Binder wrote:
> Richard
>
> Files like first.png
this button seems to be dropped
>  and goback.png
this one refers to the extreme left button (an arrow pointing
leftwards). The documentation is hopelessly techie here - it should say
the button moves the playback start marker earlier in time but that
instead it tries to document that this happens via a scheme hook so that
the user could re-program it to do something else.
Actually there seems to be two entries in the table for this one
button :(
The tooltips on these buttons are correct and are what should be
(amplified as needed) in the manual.

>  are absent from the archive as well. I'm guessing it's because those buttons
> are no longer on the Playback Control.

>  Is that correct?

yes, I think so - the current playback controls and the tooltips which
they exhibit are the real documentation.

> I can take some new screenshots - maybe I'll continue working on the manual
> the old graphics,

> then go back and fill in the images with newer ones.

> Does it matter if I use the Windows or Linux version in the screenshots

> (the chrome will be different, but the icons should be the same)?

Hmm, yes, I've noticed different icons on different machines. I'd do the
easiest thing until someone kicks up a fuss.

Richard