Re: [Denemo-devel] Inserting a tremolo

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Inserting a tremolo
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 22:12:09 +0100

On Mon, 2015-04-20 at 15:41 -0400, Cantor Stuart Binder wrote:
> Thank you, Richard!
>
> That was (as I had hoped) just enough information to help me figure out the
> rest on my own.

> I didn't know about the Command Center (I guess it's not in the manual yet).

> Once I realized that some of what I needed was marked as "hidden" in the
> Command Center,

Mostly commands that are "hidden" you probably won't want to use - there
are better, less tricky commands to do what they do (they are there
because they generate more readable LilyPond syntax for the
knowledgeable, or for backward compatibility of older scripted commands
or other reasons).
At the moment I don't think there are any hidden commands just to save
space in the menus - ask about any commands that you think you need to
un-hide.

>  and some things (like half-note spacers) had to be added to the menus,

??? the complete set of non-printing rests are visible in the menu

>  I was able to get everything working. One question:

> the keyboard shortcuts for inserting spacers use the Mod key, (i.e. Mod4,5)
> but I have no idea what that is.

On windows this is usually stolen by microsoft (people even manufacture
keyboards with microsoft's logo on the key!), you may be able to get it
back using some utility for re-mapping keys. Otherwise use some other
combination (e.g. Ctrl-Alt or Ctrl-Shift ... or try other unused keys).

> As far as crashing is concerned, as long as the Print View window is kept
> closed during editing, there have been no problems at all. The program is
> very stable when Print View is closed, but crashes reliably if editing is
> done with the Print View window open (especially if you delete a note in the
> editor).

That's very interesting - can you try having the Print View window open
but turning off the continuous typesetting? (There is a button at the
top of the Print View window which says Continuous and need to be
clicked and the Continuous checkbox unchecked).
Does it crash in this circumstance?

> Thanks again for your help with this!

You're welcome - but please reply to the list, as others will want to
know this information! (There is usually a "Group Reply" or "Reply to
All" option in the reply menu of your email client).