[Denemo-devel] Enterein notes with the PC keyboard ala Coda Finale

From: Lars Henrik Ørn
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Enterein notes with the PC keyboard ala Coda Finale
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2015 12:37:33 +0100

Hey

First a big Thank You for denemo. It looks wery promising.

I am a new user. I have been using Finale for more than 15 years. I have in some years followed the development of Denemo, because I am mostly using Open Source software, and denemo looks like (together with Liypond) as the most advanced program for good reliable and beautiful output.

I like the idea of entering the rythm first and then adding the notes with a keyboard it might be the fastest way I have ever seen. But we are already using a computer keyboard so in my opinion we do not need an external midi keyboard. Instead (as with Finale) use the computer keyboard for three octaves defined with

qwertyu
asdfghj
zxcvbnm

maybe in combination with caps lock to enter the notes. It could also be possible to add more octaves with ctrl up/or down. This will save space on the table, and make it working in many situations where I dont have a keyboard.

Just my humble suggestion

Have a nice day

Lars Henrik Ørn
Violin teacher