Re: [Denemo-devel] Updating reference files for system testing

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Updating reference files for system testing
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 18:08:22 +0100

On Thu, 2014-05-15 at 17:51 +0200, Éloi Rivard wrote:

>         On Wed, 2014-05-14 at 18:15 +0200, Éloi Rivard wrote:
>         >
>         > The reference file should be in integration-data.
>         >
>         > Comparison against reference files is done for .denemo files
>         in
>         > example directory, and scm / mxml files in integration-data
>

>         Sorry but I still don't understand. The file hemiola.denemo
>         which I have
>         checked into tests/integration-data is not suitable for
>         inclusion in the
>         example directory -
>

> I see, I will look for a way to fix that.

No need! It is "idempotent" so it is fine in the the integration-data
directory. (I hadn't read your Readme.md file when I typed that). I have
added another file in tests/integration-data that does some general note
insertion, and that again has a script inside it which re-creates
itself. The build passed so I assume it got loaded saved and the result
was the same as the original file, which means that a whole set of
commands for inserting notes (going over to the next bar as needed) and
several other things are now tested for regression.

What we *could* have is files which alter themselves, but I think you
have created something perhaps better: we can have a scheme script which
generate Denemo file.

That is suppose I create
mytest.scm

containing
(d-InsertA)
(d-Save "filename=mytest")

Then and put it in integration-data along with mytest.denemo that
results from the script.
Will this then pass?
Shall I try checking it in to see?

Richard