Re: [Denemo-devel] select all

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] select all
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 09:25:02 +0100

On Tue, 2013-07-16 at 08:19 +0200, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> Has select all been dropped? I don't see it any more in Edit -> Select
> (using the newest git version with a fresh .denemo-1.0.5 directory).

I don't think there has ever been a select all command - I just checked
1.0.4 and 0.9.2, (and my memory).
It has crossed my mind to create one, but the prospect of being able to
delete the entire movement in two keystrokes has deterred me (ctrl-x
deletes the selection).

> Selecting everything is useful e.g. if you want to transpose the whole
> score. (At the moment I had to go through each staff separately to
> transpose it because I could not find a way to select everything.)

This is bad documentation, Denemo is using the emacs-style terminology
which defines the selection as the stuff between Mark and Point. So you
set the Mark (Edit->Selection->Set Mark, or just drag with the mouse)
and then navigate to somewhere and set the Point (Edit->Selection->Set
Point, which you can do with Shift left click on the mouse).

This script will select all

(d-MoveToBeginning)
(while (d-StaffUp))
(d-SetMark)
(d-MoveToEnd)
(while (d-StaffDown))
(d-SetPoint)

where the scheme procedure (while ...) repeats the command given until
it returns #f; in this case d-StaffUp returns #f when there is no staff
above. We could do with (define (MoveToTopStaff) (while (d-StaffUp)))
etc...

HTH

Richard